Faulty wiring leads to apartment fire
Updated On: Feb 04 2013 01:05:00 PM CST
The Spokane Fire Department found faulty wiring in the attic of a home-turned-apartment was to blame for an early-morning fire in North Spokane.
Fire crews were called to the 1000 block of West Fairview just after midnight Sunday. Light smoke was seen coming from the gable roof vents of the home, which had been converted into apartments.
Firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to locate the fire in the attic above a kitchen on the second floor. It was quickly extinguished.
Crews remained on scene for a couple of hours to make sure the smoldering insulation would not re-ignite.
One resident from the second-floor apartment will be displaced until the structural damage and wiring issues can be repaired. Damage is estimated at $10,000.
© 2013 KXLY.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior permission.