Spokane
66° F
Clear
Clear
Coeur d'Alene
64° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

2 injured in explosion at Wash. fair booth

Published On: Aug 27 2013 01:02:47 PM CDT
MONROE, Wash. -

A fire official says two people have been injured by a small explosion at an Evergreen State Fair vendor booth in Monroe, Wash.

The Monday afternoon explosion at a booth selling fireplaces and stoves sent one male booth worker to a hospital for treatment of injuries from flying glass. A female employee was treated on scene. The Daily Herald of Everett reports the injuries didn't appear to be life-threatening.

Monroe Assistant Fire Chief Steve Guptill says the explosion apparently occurred after a problem with lighting a gas stove.

The Snohomish County fire marshal's office is investigating.

Advertisement