From "greenest" to happiest to safest, Self magazine scoured the country to find the healthiest spots for women.
25. Denver-Aurora, Colo. -- An estimated 79 percent of the women in this area get exercise. It also scored high for clear air and water.
24. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville, Calif. -- Healthy eating habits, safe roads and high seat belt usage earned this area high marks.
23. Sioux Falls, S.D. -- Excellent mental health and clean air are reported in this South Dakota city.
22. Madison, Wis. -- Women in Wisconsin's capital city generally have good sleep habits and are at low risk for heart disease.
21. Rockingham-Strafford Counties, N.H. -- Farmers markets abound in this scenic area of New Hampshire. Good cancer screening habits are also reported.
20. Tucson, Ariz. -- This city is known for its clean environment, and women tend to eat healthy here.
19. Albany-Schenectady-Troy, N.Y. -- This area has a clean environment and is ranked low in allergies and asthma.
18. Santa Rosa-Petaluma, Calif. -- Eighty-eight percent of women here got recent exercise. The area is also home to many parks.
17. Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, Conn. -- This area is home to good cancer screenings and has lots of gyms per capita.
16. Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Conn. -- This area has some of the lowest asthma rates in the country and is home to many parks.
15. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Wash. -- Eight-two percent of women here got recent exercise, and many commuters bike and walk to work.
14. Washington, D.C.-Arlington-Alexandria, Va. -- Women here have healthy eating habits and enjoy below-average unemployment.
13. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif. -- Healthy eating habits abound here, as do low allergy rates.
12. Santa Ana-Anaheim-Irvine, Calif. -- This area is home to low rates of rape and other crimes as well as healthy eating habits.
11. Santa Barbara-Santa Maria, Calif. -- This area has a long life expectancy and great sleep habits.
10. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif. -- Eighty-one percent of women here got recent exercise. The area also has low cancer rates.
9. Burlington-South Burlington, Vt. -- There are five times more farmers markets here than average, as well as clean air and water.
8. Fargo, N.D. -- Excellent mental health is reported among women here, as is a long life expectancy.
7. Honolulu -- This city has the longest life expectancy for women, as well as healthy eating habits.
6. Portland-South Portland-Biddeford, Ore. -- This area has 73 percent more gyms than average and a low rate of sexually transmitted diseases.
5. Boston-Quincy, Mass. -- There are 114 percent more doctors than average here, and many commuters bike, walk or use mass transit.
4. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minn. -- This area is home to low rates of heart disease and excellent mental health.
3. San Francisco-Oakland, Calif. -- Eighty-three percent of women here got recent exercise. Healthy eating habits are also common.
2. Bethesda-Gaithersburg-Frederick, Md. -- Seventy-nine percent of women here got recent exercise. There are also low reports of rapes and other crimes.
1. Cambridge-Newton-Framingham, Mass. -- Ninety-seven percent of women here have health insurance. There are also low rates of heart disease and depression.